Re: Engine Rebuild Questions (long winded)

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Rebuild Questions (long winded)
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:36:40 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Replace the oil pump for sure.
Make sure the main bearing caps came from the same engine block.
Rods and caps must also be a matched set.
As for new head studs, do it NOW! I just ordered a set for my weeping
head cause I thought my 30+ year old studs were still OK.
Also slightly countersing the stud holes on the block.
Another good idea is to drill and tap the fuel pump block off on the
lower side of the block, if you don't need extra PCV you can just thread
a plug in it, if you do need more PCV, the hole is there.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ