Re: rain+hail

To: team_thicko@autox.team.net, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rain+hail
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 23:08:59 -0700 (PDT)
speaking of, this is as good as a place as any to ask about engine
internals....long story short i ran the motor low on oil and it
developed a nasty knock over 1500rpm.

so on a related note we got the motor out and
 got her mounted and flipped on a stand and got the guts out.  the
bearings are trash, no doubt, every single one is worn in a different
way.  2 &3 are missing the internal finish which i guess must be chrome
as im finding flecks all over the engine.  4 was mangled terribly bad.
1 was worn narrower, and i believe its the culprit of the knocking.
rather than having a nice round cylinder the two bearing halves were
worn to a taper on both ends.

so f-it the bearings are gone, sayonara.

the crank...

the crank looks very good, 2, 3, 4 are very polished and look like i
would expect them to.  the edges havent been gouged, they look great.
1 on the other hand does have evidence of damage, but what im hoping is
just superficial damage.  there are fine grooves cut the circular way
around the journal, but they look to be almost microscopic.  i can see
them, but i can not feel them with a finger or a fingernail.  what do i
do?

--- William Thompson <Willy@thompsoncarpentry.com> wrote:

> Just stopped over to Blakes to lend a hand with his engine. as the
> engine is 3/4 out he says hey ya know its rainin out? right? nope I
> didnt, Bug sittin outside sans top. We get the engine out, the rest
> of
> the way, I wash up and start scootin home, it starts rainin SHEETS. I
> pull in to M+M mobil under thier canopy and start digging out my soft
> top from the boot, put the erector set up, and start driving home, Of
> course my car has no side windows, and the side curtains are home,,
> DOH.
>
> Wouldnt you know it I get behind GRANPA in his lincoln that is scared
> go more than 15-20 in the rain, my 45 year old cars defrosters are
> less
> than perfect, so I dont think this is a good time to be passin.. lol
>
> I get home and get her tucked away in the bug barn, and it starts to
> HAIL,,, yeee haaaaa I made it!!!!!

=====
The Flashfire Webhosting Project.
www.TheFlashfire.net