LJC question

To: "'mg'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: LJC question
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 22:39:33 -0500
Howdy all,

I had something strange happen with my '97 Honda Accord coupe.  Nothing with
the drivetrain, but still very annoying.  This problem happened once before,
but the car was under warranty, so it got fixed, no questions asked.

Here's the deal.  Today, I got in my car and closed the door.  When I closed
the door, the glass dropped down halfway.  I have power windows, so that
really shouldn't happen <grin>.  The switch will lower the window, but not
raise it.  I hear a grinding sound from the motor when I press the switch.
I can't manually lift the window at all, except maybe a couple of inches.
I've taken the door panel off, but I don't see anything obviously wrong.

So I'm deferring to the wisdom of the list, to see if anyone has any insight
as to what I should look for.  My guess at this point is that maybe there is
a cable or strap that snapped or frayed, causing both the window to drop,
and also cause the grinding noise from the window motor.  Any info is
appreciated.  Thanks!

Greg Gowins

'69 Sprite

'97 Accord