Heater control flapper tube

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater control flapper tube
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 14:08:03 -0500
 question for the knowledgeable.... Typically I am not very dense when it
comes to mechanical things but I have had hell for the last 2 hours and it
still is not fixed so I need some explanation OR if someone has a heater
tube with the flapper vent already installed lying on the bench I need some
answers.

(1) the heater swich cable OPENS the flapper when pulled (yes or no)

(2) DOes the flapper end up opened to where the flapper is straight in line
so as to get maximum air flow?  As it is if I was to move the arm to where
it contacts bracket where the cable is held tight by the cable clamp the
flapper would only be open 1/4 of the way.

URGGHHHHH... I need some clarification of how far the cable moves, door
opens etccc...

Leo

(3)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: