Re: Clutch Bleeding

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 21:33:52 -0500
OHHH...This is a good one...Found THE problem with the pressure not backing
off.  Upon disassembley of the MC and checking out the TWO ports per
cylinder I noticed that air was not traveling through one of the small
secondary ports.  Guess which bore it was in (you guessed it , the Clutch
side).  Took a small exacto knife tip and poke it and a small (microsopic)
peice of sand poked out.  This is a NOS , non rebuilt, touched by hands
other than Lockheed, master cylinder. Soaked it some more and jacked the
compressor up to 160psi to blow through the ports.  All of them are open and
doing a thourgh cleaning of the rubbers, installing them with red caliper
grease and we will see tomorrow if my trip down bleeding hell is over.

Leo

Check out the new British Cars Forum: