Re: Charley 19:02:28 -0400

To: wolfbj@prodigy.net (wolfbj)
Subject: Re: Charley 19:02:28 -0400
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:42:24 -0400
Cc: pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net (Paul Asgeirsson), spridgets@autox.team.net (spridget list)
I bet, Brent.

I flew the edge of a hurricane once over
the water, going between Bridgeport, CT
and Washington, DC. Not my choice of
routing, but the Captain's, who was too
damn impatient to wait an hour for
a re-route that would have taken us
futher inland, away from the "wound
up" (wind shear) center of this little
monster.

One of the most continuously rough rides
I've ever experienced in my life. I made
it a point never to fly with that Capt. again. Unsafe? No. Bad
judgement?
You bet, man. All pax got sick as dogs. You've never seen such a PO'd
bunch of pax in your life. I did my job but man... I was embarrassed as
hell for both of us.

Living in FL and on the Carolina coast
is a little like living in certain parts of CA with respect natural
disaster type stuff,
seasonal or not.

Comes with the territory but doesn't make
this fact of life any easier for us empathic types at all.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)

Check out the new British Cars Forum: