AE Hepolite PowerMax pistons

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: AE Hepolite PowerMax pistons
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 12:08:47 -0500
For what it's worth:

I've been running a set of these squeeze-cast pistons in my vintage racer.
Got them from Winners Circle.  Their catalog, and their representative over
the phone, both represent these as 6.5 cc dish.

In replacing the two that met their demise at MidOhio last year, I noticed
an email address on the box.  Thought I'd inquire about some of the
characteristics of the piston, not expecting to hear much since Federal
Mogul in in receivership.

Got an email back from their customer service department.  They told me the
pistons I identified have an 8.09 cc dish.

May be of interest to anyone using these pistons who has tried to figure out
their compression ratio by adding up components of cylinder volume.  No
wonder why it ran fine on pump gas!

JohnD

Check out the new British Cars Forum: