Re: GasTank ccapacity-limiting chamber?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GasTank ccapacity-limiting chamber?
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 05:50:10 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
The capacity limiter is a round container with a pinhole that's welded
to the inside top of the gas tank. What it does is give an air cushion
during filling to the tank doesn't overflow into the evaporative
emissions stuff. After filling, the air slowly bubbles out (I think) as
the gasoline expands as it warms up, again keeping it from flooding the
evaporative emissions stuff.

One guy on the web got rid of it, but he esentially opened up the gas
tank, cut the capacity-limiting tank out, and then welded it back
together.

Your best bet for eliminating it is probably a new tank (I wonder if
these come with the capacity limiter. I know they don't have the
evaporative emissions fitting), or a fuel cell.

-=Chris