Re:

To: the flashfire <psychalgia@rocketmail.com>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 13:50:19 -0500
Looks like you need a tranny, or a significant part thereof.
As we used to say in the back shop over lunch. "Gee, I've NEVER seen that
before!"
On Spitfires, the release arm pivot will seize or the pivot bushing will go
away. Sometimes the arm cracks, sometimes the bellhousing, and sometimes
both. From the 4th picture, I would guess both. Too bad the tunnel doesn't
remove like on Spitties.
         Good luck.
         Peter C.
===
At 11:25 AM 8/19/2004, the flashfire wrote:
>got in the car today and i have no clutch pressure.  Checked the
>reserve and its pretty dry.  filled it up and pumped up the clutch and
>NOTHNG.
>
>checked the feed line heading to the cylinder and it looked clean, but
>dry as a bone.
>
>crawled under the car to try and bleed the cylinder out and i saw a lot
>of fluid, but from a weird place, and i caught a glance of this hole.
>
>http://downshiftonpedestrians.com/gallery/album75
>
>any idea what would cause that?  This is the back of the transmission
>bell house, just to the driver side of the cylinder.  Been hearing a
>lot of racket on the 1st gear, dad thought it was a thrust washer, so
>ive been taking it real easy and keeping it very low in first.  I dont
>remember hearing any loud noise yesterday at all.
>
>=====
>The Flashfire Webhosting Project.
>www.TheFlashfire.net
>quality webhosting since 1999.