Correct oil filter for a 1500

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Correct oil filter for a 1500
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 12:08:19 -0400
I have yet again swapped engines in my Midget and now I am on a hunt of the
correct oil filter.   The engine that came out had the number for FM99402UE,
which I think is a spitfire engine.  I have stuffed in an engine with the
number of FP8443UE.  The old engine had the oil filter directly to the engine
block.  The engine that is in the car (FP...) has an adapter that bolts to
the block and raise the filter about the steering column.

The correct filter is suppose to be a Purolator L10241 but that does not fit.
The threaded hole on the oil filter is much larger than the thread piece on
the block.  Anyone have any idea what is the correct filter for this engine?

Advanced Auto parts lists that as the correct filter if "If Converted To 3/4
Spin-On"?  What am I missing?

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget

"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting " holy sh*t...what
a ride!"

Check out the new British Cars Forum: