Brake system

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake system
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 21:13:17 EDT
Most of you probably remember that I was rebuilding the brake pressure
switch.  I did find, in a British car repair shop, some appropriate o-rings
that
will do well in brake fluid.  The switch is rebuilt.  When I was putting the
plastic screw-in switch intothe body of theunit, it broke in two at the top of
the
threads.  It didn't work anyway, as the PO had sheared the wires off of it,
so I replaced the plastic switch with a bolt and a bronze washer.

Of course I had emptied the master cylinder and all the brake fluid leading
into the switch leaked out when I removed the pipes from the body of the
switch. When I replaced the pressure switch unit and screwed the brake pipes
back
into it, I filled the master with brake fluid, then went first the farthest
away
wheel (right rear) and opened the bleeder.  Pumping the brake, I noted that
NO brake fluid was being forced through the lines and out of the bleeder.  I
closed that one off and went to the LEFT rear and opened the bleeder. Same
story--NO brake fluid is being pumped through the system to the rear.   The
piston
in the pressure switch is centered.

Could the flex tube be collapsed?  OR is there another problem?

--David C.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: