1969 AH Sprite for sale

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1969 AH Sprite for sale
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:08:57 -0400
We purchased a 1969 Austin Healey Sprite Mark IV four years ago in Quebec for
our son to fix up and drive.  My son and his friend always planned to bring
this 35 year old sports car back into street condition, but have abandoned the
project and moved on to college.  We'd like our garage back!  Here are some
particulars about the car:

Vehicle Identification Number: HAN9U77591G

Its 1275 cc 4 cylinder high compression engine was running smoothly when
purchased four years ago.   It has not been started since.  The transmission
appears intact, but is in an unknown condition as the car cannot be driven due
to unsafe brakes and tires.   The car has 5 wire wheels (spare included).  The
body is in poor condition:  the floor pan is badly rusted and the fenders and
hood show old, cracking epoxy body work; the convertible top's fabric and
mechanism are in quite good condition; the seats are not bad.some mouse damage
underneath one.  The registration lists the original body colour as red.  Now
medium green, the car was probably repainted when the old bodywork was done.
Dashboard instruments are all present, but no radio.  The odometer reads
51,415 miles.

We were told that the car had been sitting for about 13 years in the Quebec
barn from which we purchased it.  The car has been mounted on floor stands in
our garage for the last four years. We obviously cannot warrant the car's
condition, fitness or suitability in any part, for any use, but it may be of
interest in whole or as a source of parts to AH Sprite drivers.

If you would like to view the car, please email me and I can send you a couple
of jpeg images.  If you wish to examine the car we will be glad to invite you
to our home in Ottawa, Ontario where it can be seen.

Jackson Hibler

jackson@hibler.ca

1-613-523-3781

Check out the new British Cars Forum: