Re: HIF Woes, the Saga Continues

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HIF Woes, the Saga Continues
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 06:57:59 -0700 (PDT)
--- Mike MacLean <macleans@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Rick,
>      This is beginning to sound like a chorus.  The
> very next thing I
> will do is vent the valve cover

Mike,
Forgive me if redundant - I came in late to the
thread.  On my racecar, I have tubular pushrods on a
1275, 1.3 ratio rockers (non-rolling), filling the oil
takes a while, 2 qts and it's overfull w/ 30w Redline
race oil (interest-less plug: buy all your Redline
products from Peter C., BTW).  Running, though, it's
fine, no puddling, smoke, etc.  What about the other
side of the equation - could the rocker shaft bushings
be too loose, allowing too much in?  I bought a set of
1.5 ratio rolling rockers, hardened shaft, offset
pedestals from Loser's Circle, and it took the usual
$70 machining bill after buying something from them to
make it all fit together properly.  I haven't
installed them as yet.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: