brakes locking up

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: brakes locking up
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 11:42:21 EDT
Thanks in advance to all of you people who put up with the likes of me who
haven't a clue as to what to do.
My 79 had a white post rebuilt master cylinder put in June when it went
through the state inspection.  I have not driven it much since then,   except
for
two relatively long drives, about 80 to 100 miles each.   Today, I'm just going
to run some errands, and about 3 blocks from the house the brake pedal
doesn't move when I apply the brakes, and the car is stopping without my foot
on the
brake.   I checked the air hole in the master cylinder and that seems clear.
 By the time I got home the front left brake was smoking really badly, its
two hours later and things in that part of the world are still pretty hot.
Any
ideas?   I'm sure that this is something that someone with experience knows
exactly what is going on.   TIA.
John Poynton

John Poynton
79 MG Midget, Yellow Fever