Sprite Friendly Race Tracks

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Sprite Friendly Race Tracks
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:41:27 GMT
   I often get disapproving comments when I mention I'm racing the sprite at
Road America.  Why do you want to punish your LBC around RA's
4 mile autobahn?
   So I'm loading the car on the trailer Sunday afternoon, and as I secure the
front end, what do I discover?  The sway bar mounts have torn
away from the chassis rails.  Nice round holes running down each side of the
sheetmetal where the spot welds used to be.
   Granted I've been fatiguing the metal for some time, but no where else but
Grattan could you accelerate the process any faster.
   Lesson one: Factory bar location only suitable for 1/2" bar in soft mounts.
   Lesson Two: Extended running near the redline isn't the only way to abuse a
race car.

Mal Fay
#72 Spridget

Check out the new British Cars Forum: