Midget Wheels & Carburetor

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Midget Wheels & Carburetor
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:30:43 -0600
Wheels - I had the opportunity to buy a set of wheels that are said to be
off an MG.  The wheels are 13", and look identical (except for the diameter)
to the Special Edition MGB wheels.  I tried them on our '75 and the wheel
studs are too short.  Question I guess is more for the vendors info than
mine, but was there ever a Special Edition Midget that had these wheels?

Carb - A while back I sent a post on the trouble I was having with the carb
on our '75 - I could not get the carb adjusted down enough to get a low
enough idle.  After rebuilding the carbs (they really didn't need it as it
turned out), the idle can now be down in the proper range - the problem
seemed to be the carb bypass valve adjustment.  However, now I cannot get a
consistent idle - sometimes it idles right on, sometimes too high (almost
2000 rpm), and sometimes so slow it stalls - this is all with the engine
warm and on the same drive.  There does not seem to be any leaks in the
manifold.  Any suggestions at what I should look at next (or re-look at
again?).  The car is a fairly stock Canadian car, but has a non-electronic
distributor and the air pump is gone.

Also, does anyone have a good vacuum / emissions hose diagram for this car?
My '76 (yes, '76 for our '75) manual is not quite right, and the usual
suppliers catalogues are pretty good, but leave a little bit to the
imagination.

Thanks.

Bob

Check out the new British Cars Forum: