Re: Restart checklist

To: Dick Byrne <lindalnhvt@nhvt.net>
Subject: Re: Restart checklist
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:30:52 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dick Byrne wrote:

>  what are the do's and don't's of getting this car restarted.  What
> should I look for and be careful not to cause more harm?

Prime the oil pump. Remove the banjo bolt at the oil pipe/block and pour
a little oil down the block.
Remove the plugs, squirt a little WD or oil in each cylinder, crank it
over with no coil wire for a bit. See if the oil pressure comes up.
If so, replace the plugs and fire it up. watch for mice nests blowing
out of the exhaust and ot catching fire. You will smell it before it
catches fire. BTDT burnt acorns smell pretty good ;)

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Check out the new British Cars Forum: