Re: Spridgets at car shows

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spridgets at car shows
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:49:29 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
> About 12 years ago, I drove the Bishop from an hour north of Chicago to
> Lufkin, TX for Texas Healey Round and back over a long weekend. I remember
> it being 17 hours one way non-stop.

WST,
I take it you had a larger gas tank than stock if you drove 17 hours
non-stop ;-)
Just kidding, I know the "big" gas tank on my Midget goes just far enough
for my kidneys to process a 20 oz bottle of 7Up, so I stop to fill the
Midget tank and empty mine. I actually enjoy driving my Midget long
distances. I find that the accelerator position is more comfortable than in
my 2002 GTI, in which my knee tends to hurt after driving over a hundred
miles or so.

Crash,
Keep having fun with it! I have this premonition that one of these days I
will find such a deal on a Bugeye. Unfortunately, it will be so original and
in such fine shape (yeah, right!) that I will consider it a moral imperative
to make it a concours trailer queen. Then I will have to change my name and
join the witness protection program.
OK, I will stop pushing buttons for a little while now.
David Lieb

Check out the new British Cars Forum: