Re: How many Bugeyes Left?

To: <rbc43@starband.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: How many Bugeyes Left?
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 17:44:23 -0400
I think every last one of the rodents is out there.  I definitely do not
think that the term "rare" refers to Bugeyes in any fashion.  I use to think
they were rare back in the '80s when I first began to look for one to
restore and drive.  Since the Internet has really taken off access to
Bugeyes pretty much makes them a dime a dozen.  I have owned five Bugeyes
myself and I currently have a red '60 that is near to completion.  It has
been near for the last five years.  I need some of Frank's energy and
willpower to get it back on the road.  This one will be the keeper though as
I have saved all of the rarities for it such as real nice old magnesium
minilites (5 in. wide), Sebring pedal box with Girling master cylinders,
DHMC front swaybar, works hardtop, original untouched Huffaker 3/4 race 998
cc engine with all of the special goodies, BTA-940C competition rear axles,
4.55 diff, sc/cr smooth-case gearbox, works hardtop, and the list goes on .
. .  Sounds like a neat and fun Bugeye.  Oh yea, it is RHD.

Mike C