Fuel gauge and sender questions

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel gauge and sender questions
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 08:17:06 -0400 reply-type=original
I have a later fuel gauge in the Bugeye, not sure how much later.  I was
getting no activity on the gauge and I pulled it out.  The PO had the sender
wire attached to the left (drivers side) of the unit.  My diagrams show it
connected to the other side.  I switched it and now I have activity on the
gauge but reading always Full.
Did the later gauges have the wires reversed?

I attached an original gauge as a test (its going back in my restoration
Bugeye) and this gauge reads always full also so I reasoned that the guages
were wired correctly but the sender is faulty.
Can anyone tell me how the later gauges are wired as the back of this one is
not marked as to which terminal is which.

Phil Nase
60 Bugeyes

Check out the new British Cars Forum: