Dual Circuit Master Cylinder version 0.80j on rain.CC.Lehigh.EDU

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dual Circuit Master Cylinder version 0.80j on rain.CC.Lehigh.EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 09:13:19 -0400
This is my first occasion to work on a late model master cylinder, and
so far I'd have to say it's one of the more difficult Spridget tasks. I
had to destroy the nylon washer to extract it from the bore, and I am
having trouble removing the second snap ring that's down in the bore. I
have three different internal pliers, the HD one is too big to fit in,
and the smaller ones are too short. I made two sets of longer tips to
work with my tools and still there is no joy. I've just started my
search, McMaster Carr has two pages of retaining ring pliers but there
is nothing there that will work. With all of the restoration experience
here I know you've dealt with the same problem.  Can anyone recommend a
specific tool brand to search?
Thanks,
John
67 MG Midget