Re: is "matco" tools still servicing garage customers?(update)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: is "matco" tools still servicing garage customers?(update)
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 7:32:35 -0500

ok folks!  thank you!  here's where i stand (or sit as the computer is
being used...LOL!).
i went to the web site, got their toll free number , called, and was given
two matco dealers one rather south and similarly north of me.   i called
the dealer to the south before 10am yesterday and as of last night no
return call.  i find this hilarious as the operator said that this dealer
was "new" and i figured he'd be "hungry" for business and respond in a
timely fashion.  my other tool dealers return my calls same day.  soooo,
this morning i call the dealer to my north.
what an effort.   my snap on dealer comes right here on fridays if i
request him to and if it's a service need in a hurry he tells me where
he'll be during any day and i will drive to meet him if it's something i
seriously need.   while these stupid tools are rather expensive initially
some items are best purchased from the tool dealers.   i bought quite a few
while i was still working in garages and delerships.   i saw these guys
evry week.   now i see them weak-ly!  lol!
if i remember things right snap-on tools are expensive due to the built in
acomodation for 3 replacements over life being factored into the purchase
price.   i was told that at one point of my complaining about pricing
during a purchase.  i get my money's worth out of most of my tools!
now to go "matco" hunting......LOL!(be vewwy-vewwy quiet....were hunting
matco's)
i'm gonna get this ratchet repaired!

thank you for the replies!

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.