re: Reliability/Dependability 3 Nov 2004 7:58:1 -0500

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net (Charles Christ)
Subject: re: Reliability/Dependability 3 Nov 2004 7:58:1 -0500
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:01:28 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net (Spridgets), conan@intrex.net (conan)
Agreed..."C"man...

one of the MOST "abusive" uses of an
automobile is subjecting it to little use and
short runs (or heavy use and short runs) wherein the oil (engine)
basically never
warms up (and STAYS there a while).

After all...as we all know..
this is where changing the oil (& filter)
"every 3 months", low mileage notwithstanding, comes from.

Even worse is subjecting cold machinery
to heavy loads, while "gently" driving one of our "old", newly
overhauled motors will
glaze the cylinder walls in a heartbeat and prevent seating of the
rings.

So, too gently (under certain circumstances) or too harshly (under
certain circumstances) = "bad".

While we all can agree on certain things,
the word IS "reasonable"....and this is
defined as.....???? It's a humungously wide "gray" area for sure, based
on
science, knowledge and experience....
and the levels of each in all of us is
different, in any case. And changing all
the time at that, considering we're all "becoming" assuming we are all
in the
process of "learning". :):)

My head hurts now. I think I need another
coffee.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)

Participate in Democracy.

"In the end, we will not so much remember the words of our enemies,
but the silence of our friends."  Martin Luther King, Jr.