Master Cylinder rebuild

Subject: Master Cylinder rebuild
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 23:22:07 -0500
I am trying to rebuild a dual circuit master cylinder.  I got out that nylon
washer, and both circlips, and the washer underneath the last clip.   How in
the world do you get the piston out?  I tried pulling, I tried compressed air
and the piston is still in the bore.  I looked in the shop manual and I don't
think I have missed anything.  Do I just need to eat my Wheaties and pull
harder?

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget

"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting " holy sh*t...what
a ride!"