Re: Geo Metro Radiator

To: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Subject: Re: Geo Metro Radiator
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 20:24:00 -0500
Cc: Spridget <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Larry & Sandi Miller wrote:

> I'm looking for a radiator for Bugzuki and thought I would check out the
> Geo Metro. Any particular year/configuration Metro that I should be
> looking for? The Suzuki Swift which in a lot of ways is the same as the
> Metro uses the bottom of the radiator as an oil cooler. Is the Metro the
> same?

Larry
I use the Metro radiator. Not sure what year it is, it's the one that
looks like a honduh ;) Make that last year's honduh, this year's mazduh.
You know the totally redesigned model.
It's the little 3 banger with semi hide away headlights.
You need the rad from the automatic model, the stick uses a taller rad
for some reason. Just clip the trans cooling lines off.
Or if you think it would make a good oil cooler, talk to me.
Get the Metro electric fan too. You will have to cut off one support
where it interferes with the steering rack. I never did bother remaking
that support. 2 years now and it doesn't move or rattle.
Stock Sprite hoses can be used too. Bottom hose fits as is. Top hose
needs a cross flow upper hose and the reversed cross flow t/stat
housing. I think you have to cut a bit off the stock cross flow hose.
I made 2 little "L" brackets to hold the rad to the existing bugeye
radiator supports. No new holes made. It's a little close on the Metro
radiator edges but I used a 10/32 screw and threaded my L bracket to
screw the rad in from the back. The bottom of the rad sits in between
the frame rails. No support needed there.
For a picture, click here   http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut/georad2.JPG

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ