Re: Separating ball joint from steering arm

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Separating ball joint from steering arm
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 08:24:15 -0000
The traditional way of doing this is to strike diametrically opposite sides
of the joint with hammers, which  the taper loose.  It helps if you pre-load
the joint by removing the nut and putting some pressure on the end of the
pin with a bottle jack.
I would favour replacing the whole ball joint rather than just the boot.
Partly because the joints are cheap, but mainly because I could never find a
supplier of replacement boots!

Guy