Re: Soda blasting

To: Craig Reese <creese@spillman.com>
Subject: Re: Soda blasting
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:36:19 -0500 5.0; U)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Not quite the same thing, but similar to that with the dark spots.

I went to repair what I thought was a bubble of surface rust, about 3/8" in
diameter where the paint was just slightly wrinkled, on my otherwise rust-free
1986 Mustang GT.  (This car gets parked for the season before they even THINK
about putting salt down on the roads, and doesn't come back out until after the
soaking spring rains.)

Anyway, I used a spot blaster on the area and got it clean, but it still had
that dark spot.  After digging away at this, it turned out to be a half-inch
hole by the time I got to solid metal.  And this was on the rear hatch, that
shouldn't rust at all.

So, I would be very wary of those dark spots, whatever the method used for
cleaning.