Interesting car & Guy!

To: <spridgets-owner@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Interesting car & Guy!
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:52:29 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Got a phone call from an older fellow who wanted some Morris front brake
adjusters.  Same as the bugeye ones.  Sure I have them.

Told him how to get here and when he showed up he had an adapter plate for the
front brakes.  Seems he's working on an older Austin 7 and wants to stop it
easily.  I never knew they would go fast enough to need really big brakes, if
you call 7" drums big brakes!

He started to tell me he got this rolling chassis, no engine and a broken rear
axle.  He had put a Spridget rear end under it after he had it narrowed.  It
was way too wide!  Now he's located a 3 cylinder Kuboda diesel engine that
runs fine, and now he's trying to track down a turbocharger to fit it!  Glen,
can you help him out?

So if you ever see an old guy racing around in an Austin 7 with a turbo diesel
engine and "powerful" brakes on it, with a narrowed Spridget rear end, you'll
know where he came from!  Portland Oregon!!

Pa