Re: dashboard

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: dashboard
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:21:29 -0800 reply-type=original
If you go with a wooden dashboard, use a nice 1" thick plank, and you will
need to counterbore some of the holes on the backside and do some relief
routing or carving to get everything to mount.  Particularly true with the
threaded rings that retain the old fashioned switches on a bugeye.  Since
you're doing a Midget and it sounds like you want it to look stock, forget
all of the above and check the ads in the back of Classic Motorsports.

I'm very happy with the look of my wooden dash, but it probably goes best
with the much older look of a bugeye and its old fashioned switches.
Everyone but a "purist" thinks it look good.  I'll bet the purists like it
too but can't admit it.

Glen