Re: BBC, no LBC

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: BBC, no LBC
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 12:22:40 -0500
Hi Mike,

Don't do it.  The green stuff (ethylene glycol) and the orange stuff
(Dex-Cool) are not compatible and it's nearly impossible to remove all
traces of the old green stuff, even with a thorough flush.  Residue from the
green stuff can cause a sludge to form that can block up water passages.
Besides, the orange stuff is not any "easier" on your radiator than the
green, it just has a longer life.  Drain and change the green stuff every
two years and you'll be just fine.  The reason for the two year interval is
that the corrosion inhibiting additives only last a couple of years.

Rick