king pin question

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: king pin question
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 12:44:43 -0800
I finally started to swap in the disc brakes for the Austin A35 and got out
one of the old kingpins from the original drum brake setup.  I see no
difference between the drum brake king pin and the disc brake king pin.
Compared side by side they look identical.  I installed the disc brake swivel
axel on the drum brake king pin and it fit perfectly.  No slop, no play, no
problem.  The catalogues suggest that disc king pins are a different number
from the drum brake king pin, (though all are NLA).  Does anyone have an
official parts book or specific knowledge of the differences (or lack of same)
between the king pins?  At this point it seems a whole lot easier to just
leave the king pins in place and begin the swap at the swivel axle.

Thanks,
Glen Byrns