Re: Introduction and Hardtops

To: "JOSE ANTONIO GALVEIAS \(ESI-SGP\)" <jose.galveias@esinnovation.pt>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Introduction and Hardtops
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 08:24:15 -0600 reply-type=original with any abuse report
Oba Jose'!
Te encontro de novo. Falaei contigo varios anos passado. Prazer em te ver
novamente!

Sorry guys, but I don't get much of a chance to use the little Portuguese
still hanging out in my head after 25 years here in the US.

Yes, the hardtop will fit just fine, Jose'. Think long and hard before
paying too much money for it. Putting on a hard top means that you have lost
the option of open motoring until you get home (or arrive at a hotel where
you can leave it in your room until you are ready to go home again, right
Willy?). Since it is not your daily driver, it would not be bad to get one
when the price is good, but I fear that you will not get as much value out
of it as you hope. I saw an MGB hardtop for sale once that would have been
almost worth the $1200 the guy got for it. It was three pieces, one across
the back and two like T-tops for the roof. It would fit in the boot and it
could be used without one or both of the top pieces. The guy had bought it
in the mid-70's in England.

Just my opinion...
Davi Lieb