Re: Painting equipment

To: KrkLH@cs.com
Subject: Re: Painting equipment
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 17:44:45 -0500
Cc: cooper6@swbell.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
KrkLH@cs.com wrote:

> I was not aware that you could sand out dust from a single stage paint job
> without getting blend marks.

Kirk

I use a DA and 1500 grit dry to get the orange peel, eye brows, and dust
out. Then 1500 wet followed by 2000 wet (both by hand)
If there is enough color on it, and it all came from the same can,
what's to blend? I don't do metalics and that might be a mess.
My kid uses the same sanding on his base/clears.
Buff it up with Perfect It.
I never had any blend marks or troubles other than sanding thru which
was my own damn fault.
--
Frank