Re: coolest sh*t on the planet

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: coolest sh*t on the planet
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 03:57:01 -0500
>Now, the new version, for under $130 comes with a GPS receiver. so, when
>connected via the USB port on the laptop, it gives real time mapping with
>constant update and map centering, "trailing", planning routes from current
>destination, MPH, longitude & latitude, elevation, etc.. all on the large
>screen of your laptop.

I use the Delorme GPS with my Dell Axim PocketPC. All are Bluetooth
wireless. Works great you setup the trip on the laptop and download it
to the pocketpc and then let it guide you to your destination. Or you
can just use the laptop to communicate with the GPS.  But one added
feature the GPS has is history. By history I mean you can turn it on
and set it to log every so many seconds. Then when you are done you
can look on a laptop and see where it has been how fast you where
traveling and where you stopped. Great for keeping a eye on where your
car has been.