Re: Sprite engine painting question...

To: Kurtis <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Sprite engine painting question...
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 17:04:19 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Kurtis wrote:
> Can someone tell me what engine components should and should not be painted
> olive green on a Bugeye Sprite?
> Specifically, what about the generator, carburetor heat shield, thermostat
> housing, water pump?

They were all green on a Bugeye.
Personally I keep my t/stat bare aluminum these days because the paint
doesn't stick real good to aluminum.
If the genny and starter are black, they have been replaced with rebuilt
units at one point. Originally they were green as was the tranny too.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ