Re: steering wheel

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: steering wheel
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 00:34:26 EST
In a message dated 1/7/2005 5:38:55 PM Mountain Standard Time,
Pmaloy4@aol.com writes:
Does anyone know anything about restoring a 61 Midget steering wheel?At  some
point it was used as a passive restraint system resulting an out of whack
rim and some cracks. any ideas?Got any whack? Patrick
I tried to repair a TR4 wheel in similar shape.  I managed to straighten the
wheel, and then used a tube of body putty to fill the cracks.  Lots and lots
of sanding later a coat of black spray paint made it look pretty good...until I
had to push the car, reached in and pushed on the wheel and it resumed it's
previous shape.

Robert B. Houston
Texan in NM
73 Midget and others

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I
don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."