Re: NO LBC, OGC instead

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: NO LBC, OGC instead
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 22:28:19 EST
In a message dated 1/7/05 1:13:47 PM, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com writes:

> Any listers out there familiar with old German cars? I have a friend
> that is looking at a 1959 Mercedes 220s as his next toy. He's asking
> for some advice from me, but beyond the usual stuff to check on an
> old car, I don't know specifically what to consider.
>
> Lots of pictures here: http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeCMWrZu4atXkA
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Gerard

We had a 1955 220a in the 1960's, that we bought as the cheapest good
transportation we could find at the time and in addition to the Sprite.   We
eventually had it rebuilt and upgraded to a 220s.  (It already had 300,000 on
it.)
They definitely are built like tanks and are as interesting as anything I've
ever driven.   You felt safe in those babies.   The ride is incredible.   Just
terrific car and the memory makes me sorry we let it go.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"