Front Wheel Bearings

To: "'Spridget List'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Front Wheel Bearings
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:33:33 -0500
After cleaning and repacking my modget's front wheel bearings I noticed an
excessive amount of play that seems to be located in the bearings themselves.
These are the ball bearing type.  I'm thinking that this is due to the bearing
components showing their age but is it really just that?  I have checked that
all parts are in correct order and one side was done at a time, any thoughts
from the list?  Just replace them? and what about a source for the Timken
type?
TIA

Dan