seat slider installation

To: <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, "bugeye@yahoogroups" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: seat slider installation
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:09:40 -0500 reply-type=original
I am fitting new sliders to fit aftermarket seats to my Bugeye.  Since this
group modifies their Sprites and other iron I hope you can help me.

This is probably a dumb question but I don't know which side of the sliders
fit to the seat and which to the floor.  One side the shorter sliding piece
is raised up in the center.  This is the side I planned to bolt to the seat
bottom and would have the release handle pulling upwards to adjust the seat
position.  On the other side, the longer side, the sliders are flush.

I now think maybe the raised shorter side should go on the floor possibly to
allow the slider to clear carpeting.  This way would put the longer piece on
the seat bottom.

The raised part bolted to the floor would not seem to be as stable because
less width is on the floor.

So can anyone help a dumba$$.  No instructions came with it so I'm once
again scratchin my head.  Soon I be bald.

Phil Nase
Another 2-3" expected tonight.
http://home.ptd.net/~nase