NO LBC- ebay (Fwd: TKO NOTICE: Compromised Account)

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: NO LBC- ebay (Fwd: TKO NOTICE: Compromised Account)
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:45:24 -0800
  Just an FYI...

I'm sure most if not all of you are wise to this
sort of thing by now, but this one was "official"
looking enough to make me wonder.  Even the
headers didn't give much away.

Still, I forwarded it to spoof@ebay.com and
received a reply confirming it was phony.

Be aware all you ebay-ers out there.

Gerard

>From: aw-confirm@ebay.com
>To: pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
>Subject: TKO NOTICE: Compromised Account
>Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:29:17 -0600
>
>Dear (pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com),
>
>In an effort to protect your eBay account
>security, we have suspended your account until
>such
>time that it can be safely restored to you. We
>have taken this action because your password
>may have been compromised. Although we cannot
>disclose our investigative procedures that led
>to this conclusion, please know that we took
>this action in order to maintain the safety of
>your account.
>
>However, your account is marked for too many
>successful logins last week (January, 20-28,
>2005).
>It is more interesting that the hostnames are from different countries:
>
>United States (c-67-160-224-80.client.comcast.net)
>Canada (HSE-Toronto-ppp304429.sympatico.ca)
>Sweden (c213-100-93-27.swipnet.se)
>Russia (32.122-140-213.telenet.ru)
>
>Please authorize your registration information on or before February 3,
2005.
>Currently registration information will be screened when you login.
>
>Follow the link to make sure you are on a secure eBay webpage.
><'"http://gtman.co.kr/signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll.php?co_partnerid=2&si
teid=0&UsingSSL=1&?JbQqzzFgGCFTgAgAAeJbQqzzFgGCFTgAgAAeHlz9FnXeMWZllWXAAAAAuM
CwCFBQlz9FnXeMWZllWXS3AlBX+VShqAhQRfhgTDrf=https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA
PI.dll?SignIn&UsingSSL=1&p>https://signin.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn