RE: Vernier Gear Instructions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Vernier Gear Instructions
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 16:18:46 -0800
Could it be it the "Vernier Adjustable duplex Cam Gear" kit sold by Mini
Mania?  I have their C-AJJ 3327 cam gear kit on my Bugeye.  The instruction
sheet is very short and the essential is written below:

"Each hole is offset by 1 degree in either advance or retard, and is simply
selected by removing the locating pin with the cap-screw provided, turning
the outer section in the required direction, lining up the required hole,
and reinserting the locating pin... the adjustment gives 2 degrees of timing
at the crank so a 1 degree offset cam key will allow total accuracy.... The
standard timing position is with the crank key vertical and the cam key at
around 2 o'clock. The hole opposite the cam key in the outer section gives
the standard position...Once the cam timing has been set, with the peg in
the required hole, fit the lock tab/peg retaining plate, and torque the cam
nut up to 65 lbs ft, ensuring to bend a section of the lock tab up - but NOT
a section covering the locating dowel"."

By the way - cam end float is usually set from .003" to .007".

JLC
1959 Bugeye, 948 overbored, full race engine.

Mike wrote:  Anyone know where I can get instructions for a Vernier Gear
set?  I've got
them on the car, but I never received the instructions back from the machine
shop that originally installed them.

I can't find a web page for Vernier..