Re: Rebuilt 1098 for FROG AYE

To: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Subject: Re: Rebuilt 1098 for FROG AYE
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:54:09 -0800
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hello Hal,

       a rebuild for the 1098 including such things as listed (but not
       as many) cost me well over that $1800 figure.. i had $1600 in
       parts alone!

       there is discussion about the relative merits of a 1098 vs
       1275...

       a 1098 will never have the power of 1275, nor the revs, and
       parts are a little (not much though) harder to come by. if
       you're planning on an all out rev--gotta GO FAST motor, then a
       1275...but,

       a 1098 is more a "torque motor" it has more low end "grunt",
       plus they run (i hear) noticably smoother. if most of your
       driving will be "puttering around" in the mid range rpms, with
       the occasional "hole shot" then the 1098 would definetely be
       worth considering.

       others on the list, correct me if i have it all wrong. i have
       NO experience with the 1275, just what i've heard.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:pythias@pacifier.com