Re: Question on transmission oil

To: hobbycars@cox.net, KrkLH@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question on transmission oil
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 19:45:20 EST
In a message dated 2/26/2005 3:39:05 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
hobbycars@cox.net writes:

I  gathered that - and I hope someone can tell me what additives  in
synthetics  would make such oil unsuitable for a Bugeye  transmission.

Not sure about the BE transmission, but on the TR list, some of the
additives are said to be bad for the brass bits in TR transmissions.  Also,
synthetic
is supposedly "too slick" for overdrive transmissions.

Robert B.  Houston
Texan in NM
73 Midget and others

John Bernard Books (The Shootist):
"I won't be wronged, I  won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I
don't do these things to  other people and I expect the same from them."