Ford Type 9 gearboxes

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[8C7A3CD0:01C51D44] j1S3MjlM017167
Subject: Ford Type 9 gearboxes
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:21:14 +1100
Has anyone had experience in fitting a Ford Type 9 gearbox to a Spridget
(both to an A-series and other engines)?

I need to know which model box is required?  They come in short and long
input shaft types as I understand it, but there may also be variations
in gearset types.
A friend is heading to Europe soon and will source a box or 2 for me,
but I need to be able tyo tell him which ones to look for.

I'm also thinking about putting one behind a Toyota 4AG twin-cam so if
anyone knows if the same or different box will suit this usage, it would
be appreciated.

Cheers
Brett
DISCLAIMER:  This electronic message together with any attachments is
confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or
use the contents in any way.  Please also advise us by return e-mail that you
have received the message and then please destroy.  Carter Holt Harvey is not
responsible for any changes made to this message and / or any attachments after
sending by Carter Holt Harvey.  We use virus scanning software but exclude all
liability for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment.