Re: off the colon--onto Ducatis

To: WebmasterRick <WebmasterRick@comcast.net>, "Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: off the colon--onto Ducatis
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 20:55:51 -0500
Cc: Geoff Branch <gjbranch@comcast.net>
WebmasterRick wrote:

><<Release Date: 3/1/2005>>
>
>You folks will NEVER "learn", huh??
>
>Geoff, that is YOUR "current" date from AVG !!!

All of 1 day. Shocking!

>I re-upped with C.A. today for a YEAR and cost $20.
>
>Got THREE updates TODAY.

And this means:

a) CA has added more viruses to catch beyond what AVG catches

b) CA was slow on the draw and catching up

c) Without comparing the actual virus DBs, who knows?

I'd bet there are viruses that AVG catches that CA doesn't, and
vice-versa. And probably some Norton catches that the others don't, and
vice-versa. And so on. All you can truthfully say is that hopefully your
CA installation is working better after the updates than it was before.

>So you are on top of thing???
>
>Nah.
>
>Cheap Ass.
>
>Hope it don't buy YOU and the rest od AVG users into a SERIOUS prob.

Only serious virus-related problem I ever had was when when the PAID FOR
virus scanner I had (Norton) conflicted with a MS critical update and
rendered my machine completely unbootable. And even before that, the
mail scanner with it screwed up FREQUENTLY. The cure was worse than the
disease.

I'm sure CA is fine. But just because you pay for something doesn't
automatically make it superior and something free isn't necessarily
inferior.

Anyhoo, enough "my antivirus is bigger than yours". Back to spridgets.

Eddie
1971 Midget - Bebop