Re: CROSS FLOW HEADS

To: <scott@scottjgraham.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CROSS FLOW HEADS
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:03:58 -0500 reply-type=original
My best guess on why the cross flow head is less common is due to the cost
per power/torque gain and that the original cylinder design is not really
that bad.  Also, the ways to get around the weak spot of the siamesed ports
are very well known.  I have seen plenty of A-series race engines that had
the stock head set-up that made all of the power that was needed.

Another perspective . . . $3500 is about all most of the later model
Sprites/Midgets are worth when sold.  Can't see spending the price of the
car again for 5 or 10 hp.

You can buy three and a half aluminum standard cyl. heads.  Most of us have
more than one Spridget.  It's a disease.  Think about the gains when you
switch over three Spridgets to three new alum. cyl. heads.

Just my perspective.

Mike C