Re: Installing an Electric Fan

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "Gregory Groiss" <ggroiss@gmail.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Installing an Electric Fan
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:13:14 -0600
Greg -

Summit sells a 10" Perma-Cool fan (which I just purchased) with a stated cfm
of 1250. It is Part No. PRM-19010. I have just installled it as a pusher,
but, living in Wisconsin, have not had the opportunity yet to determine its
efficiency in hot weather.

Bud Pazur

"The Buddha... resides as comfortably in the gears of a...transmission as he
does in the petals of a flower"

- Robert M. Pirsig, Zen and  the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Robert Shafler writes:

> Have no knowledge of the 1500 shroud but
> have heard what you have heard in this respect, so it should work.
>
> You want the strongest fan for it's size you
> can find in the Jeg's cat. There used to be one there (10") that pulled
1250CFM, though the 900CFM should do the trick
> with a reasonably clean, well-maintained
> rad/cooling system. 100% distilled water
> (with can of water pump lube/anit-corrosion mix) or 85% water/15%
anti-freeze will bolster faster heat transfer as