Polarizing the generator?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Polarizing the generator?
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:25:38 -0800 (PST)
Hiya All,

I am woriking on my 65 Sprite, my first British car, and I had to remove the
battery to
have the battery tray and firewall rebuilt. I'm wondering if the generator
needs to be
polarized after the battery is connected but before starting the car. I know
this is
necessary on generator-equipped AMerican cars, but I can't seem to find
anything about it
in my Sprite repair or owner manual.

If I do need to polarize it, what is the process?

Thanks,

Matt Boatman
San Diego