Re: Carpet sets

To: nase@ptd.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carpet sets
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:04:09 -0800 (PST)
Phil,
I purchased an interior set from Moss a little more than 4 years ago for my
MGB. The car has been a daily driver, putting about 12k a year on the odometer.
I got to say the kit fit well but hasn't held up. The carpet on the
transmission tunnel is worn bare and falling apart while the carpet in the
driver's footwell has worn through in several spots. The seats are starting to
come apart at the seams now. I also put in aluminum backed sound/heat material
thinking that it would help "save " the carpets from excess heat. I'm not sure
the next time I'll go through Moss for my interior. I'm  thinking I'll try a
local interior shop when it comes time to do the Bugeye.  Having said that, the
Bug probably won't see that kind of mileage or wear and tear.

Larry Pitts

Phil Nase <nase@ptd.net> wrote:
Mo$$ has interiors on sale right now. Thought I'd go ahead and get a new
carpet set. Anyone install these? How's the quality? It's my driver I'm
buying for so I'm trying to save $ wherever possible. Car is bare right now
so I'm counting on a little less reverberation. I have some foil backed
insulation to put in it too. What areas should I cover with the stuff. For
sure around the tunnel and floors.
Phil Nase
http://home.ptd.net/~nase