Re: (anti) sway bars

To: dbcooper292@aol.com, kgb@frontiernet.net, dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (anti) sway bars
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:48:44 GMT j2M1n9ch018786
Nah...no trouble, DB.....you may be right for all I know, though I never
thought the
Corvair and more "dangerous" than any
other rear-engined car of those times.

But I do think GM could've manufactured
the car with (rather than without) a
"camber compensator".

I know only that my bro' and I drove a
3 speed '60 (80HP) for years without any
"surprises". It was a rear-engined car and
like any other if you entered a corner too
fast you were probably gonna lose it.

My brother could do tricks with the damn
thing but I was never as good as he with it
by a long shot. He could drift that thing around a corner with the tail hangin'
out
like you wouldn't beleive. He had a great
"feel" for that car!

He loved the car so much that
later on he got one of his own, I believe a '64 which he equipped
with a camber comp. and Abarth exhaust.

The only time I thought the car "special" was in contaminated conditions.
Like any other rear-engined car of the time though, you hadda slow down and
drive it
conservatively in anything but dry,
uncontaminated conditions (including "sandy" winter roads).

Rear-engined cars are not for everybody.
The majority of normal, everday people are
MUCH more comfortable (and far more safe, IMHO) in "understeer" rather than
"oversteer" automotive configuration.

Cap'n Bob
Basic Frog

What I loved about 'em most was their great gas heaters. Boy...you wanna talk
about instant heat and scads of it!!!